Personal data means any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person. This includes information such as your name, address, telephone number and date of birth. Information that is not directly associated with your actual identity is not classified as personal data.
Responsible for the processing of your personal data is: Christina Evans
Collection of Personal Data – Origin, Extent and Type
In principle, Skyjack collects personal data directly from you. In doing so, we only record those personal data which are necessary for the respective purpose (principle of data minimization). Additional information may be given voluntary. The type of personal data we collect from you will depend upon the type of interaction you have with us. This may include:
- if you are a customer of Skyjack or an employee or representative of Skyjack’s customer: your full name, email address, postal address, telephone number, job function and the details of the transactions which you conduct;
- if you are a supplier or service provider or an employee or representative of Skyjack’s supplier or service provider: your full name, email address, postal address, telephone number, job function and the details of the transactions which you conduct
- if you are a job applicant or employee: your full name, contact details (including address, phone number and email address), identification details, job title, employment history and education details, names and contact details of referees, or other personal data if required by applicable law;
- if you are a visitor of our website our web server temporarily saves, by default, the connection data of the inquiring computer, which of our websites you are visiting, the date and the duration of your visit, the identification data of the browser and operating system type used as well as the website from which you visit us. Personal data beyond this, such as your name, address, phone number or email address will not be collected, unless this information has been voluntarily provided by you;
- personal data that you provide voluntarily by using Skyjack’s Career Center on the website or similar online application tools operated by external providers;
- personal data that you provide voluntarily by completing forms on the website, including if you sign up to receive our communications or attend one of our training or other events, if you request a trial of a product or service, if you search for a product or service, or if you request any other information;
- if you register or create an account with us, your log-in and password details;
- personal data contained in messages when you post voluntarily on our social media accounts;
- personal data contained in communications you send to us, for example when you report a problem or submit queries, concerns or comments regarding the website or its content; and
- personal data from surveys that we may, from time to time, run for research purposes, if you voluntarily choose to respond to, or participate in, them.
You are under no obligation to provide any personal data if there is no requirement according to applicable law. However, if you choose to withhold requested information, you may not be able to access all of the contents and services we provide on our website.
Skyjack may also collect personal data relating to you from third parties. This may include (but is not limited to) the collection of personal data relating to you from:
- our business partners;
- someone you duly authorize to act on your behalf;
- recruiters and employment agencies; and
- referees you have provided in support of a job application.
Purpose of Processing Personal Data and Legitimacy
We use personal information relating to you that we collect, or that you provide to us, for the purpose of our legitimate interests as follows:
- for the conclusion of a contract, the fulfillment of the contract entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
- to provide you with information about other products and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes;
- to conduct our internal business and management processes, for example accounting or auditing purposes;
- for employment purposes, if this necessary for the decision on the establishment of an employment relationship, the fulfillment of the employment or termination, or for the purpose to comply with legal requirements according to applicable labor law, social security and safety regulations or collective agreements;
- for answering you inquiries and to deal with complaints;
- for the purpose of technical administration of the websites to keep this website safe and secure and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- for fulfill legal obligations or regulatory requirements.
Your personal data will be processed by us exclusively for the given purpose.
How we process your Personal Data
Skyjack ensures that your personal data is processed in a manner that protects your privacy. The personal data will be processed by electronic means and in paper form. In doing so, we adhere to the security standards to protect your privacy and the risk of access to this personal data by unauthorized persons. We have made extensive technical and organizational security arrangements to protect your personal data from loss, manipulation, destruction and unauthorized access. Your personal data is saved in a secure operating environment which is not accessible to the public. Our security measures are continuously improved in line with technological development and legal requirements.
Duration of Processing and Storage
We process your personal data only for as long as it is necessary to fulfill the relevant purpose or as required according to applicable laws. Documents containing your data will be kept in accordance with the legal storage requirements. Should you wish the deletion of your personal data, we will delete it immediately, as far as the deletion does not conflict with any mandatory storage requirements.
With who we share your Personal Data
Your personal data will not be disclosed, sold or transferred in any other way to third parties, unless this is necessary for the performance of a contract, to fulfill legal obligations or unless you have expressly given your consent for this.
If it is necessary to transfer your personal data to an external service provider in order to perform a service or to answer an inquiry, we will take all technical and organizational measures necessary to ensure that the legal provisions for data privacy are observed. Furthermore, Skyjack commits external service providers to observe the pertinent legal data privacy regulations, to confidential handling of personal data and to the deletion of this data, insofar as it is no longer needed.
We may also share personal information relating to you with other companies within our group if this is required for business purposes and operational, support and continuity purposes. Skyjack has implemented group-wide applicable data security policies and implemented by this way a standardized security level in order to ensure that your personal data are handled in a safe manner.
Personal Data of Children
As protecting the private sphere of children is particularly important to us, we do not collect, process or use any data from persons under the age of 16 without the express permission of a legal representative. Should you, as a parent or guardian, learn that your children have transferred their personal data to us, it is possible to submit a written inquiry requesting to see the information provided by your child and/or to demand that this information be deleted.
Our cookies may be session cookies (temporary cookies that identify and track users within our websites, applications or services which are deleted when you close your browser or leave your session in the application or service) or persistent cookies (cookies which enable our websites, applications or services to remember your preferences within our websites, applications or services and which will stay on your computer or device after you close your browser or leave your session in the application or service).
By default, browsers are configured to accept cookies. However, these settings may be changed to block cookies entirely, or to inform the user each time they are used. Detailed information about cookies and the options associated with them are available in each browsers’ settings.
Social Media Platforms
Communication, engagement and actions taken through external social media platforms that we participate on are subject to the terms and conditions as well as the privacy policies of those social media platforms.
This Website may use social sharing buttons which help to share web content directly from our web pages to the social media platform. Where you use such social sharing buttons you do so at your own discretion – you should note that the social media platform may track and save your request to share a web page respectively through your social media platform account. Please note these social media platforms have their own privacy policies, and we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these social media platforms.
Additional Provisions for EU Residents
As an European citizen you are protected under the General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679 that gives you the following rights:
- information about the processing of your personal data;
- correction or deletion of your personal data;
- restriction of processing;
- objection to the processing;
- data portability;
- revocation of your given consent with effect for the future, if your consent was a precondition for the processing of your personal data; and
- complaint to the data protection supervisory authority:
If you believe that the processing of personal data concerning you is contrary to the applicable law, you may submit a complaint to a supervisory authority. Your competent supervisory authority is that of your place of residence.
For further information about the protection of your personal data and in case of any personal concerns please contact our data protection officer in charge for the relevant Skyjack company in Europe:
Skyjack UK, Europe Head Office
Unit 1, Maes-y-Clawdd Maesbury Road
Industrial Estate Oswestry,
Shropshire, SY10 8NN
The safety and security of your information and any personal data relating to you also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password that enables you to access certain parts of the Website and/or the services, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Should you have any questions with respect to the collection, processing or use of your personal data, you are welcome to contact us using the information below:
How long will my order take?
Please note that each order is fulfilled as quickly as possible. We are currently experiencing ongoing supplychain issues, as well as logistics delays. Our goal is to have orders completed within 2 weeks.
If certain items are delayed, you will be notified and/or you will receive your order in multiple shipments.
Where is my order shipping from?
Orders shipping within the USA will be shipped from NY, USA.
Canada and international orders are all shipped from Ontario, Canada.
Some of my order arrived damaged / my order is wrong.
Please contact us if there is any issues with your order and we will address right away!
Please note that due to supply issues, your order may be arrived in multiple shipments. Check the packing slip for any indication if that is the case.
Do you have co-branding options?
Yes! Please contact your regional sales representative for co-branding opportunities. These can be with either existing items on our store, or different items of your choosing.